Terms & Conditions Of Supply
1. What these terms cover. These are the terms and conditions on which we supply products to you, whether these are goods or digital content.
2. Why you should read them. Please read these terms carefully before you submit your order to us. These terms tell you who we are, how we will provide products to you, how you and we may change or end the contract, what to do if there is a problem and other important information. Please contact us by email at email@example.com to discuss any aspect of these terms.
3. Information about us and how to contact us.
- Who we are. We are GAFFER MEDIA LIMITED (“We”). We are a private limited company registered in England and Wales under company number 11574919 and have our registered office at Lynton House, 7-12 Tavistock Square, London, United Kingdom, WC1H 9BQ. Our main trading address is Lynton House, 7-12 Tavistock Square, London, WC1H 9BQ
- How to contact us. You can contact us by telephoning our customer service team by writing to us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- How we may contact you. If we have to contact you we will do so by telephone or by writing to you at the email address or postal address you provided to us in your order.
- “Writing” includes emails. When we use the words “writing” or “written” in these terms, this includes emails.
- How we will accept your order. Our acceptance of your order will take place when we email you to accept it, at which point a contract will come into existence between you and us.
- If we cannot accept your order. If we are unable to accept your order, we will inform you of this and will not charge you for the product. This might be because the product is out of stock, because of unexpected limits on our resources which we could not reasonably plan for, because we have identified an error in the price or description of the product or because we are unable to meet a delivery deadline you have specified.
- Your order number. We will assign an order number to your order and tell you what it is when we accept your order. It will help us if you can tell us the order number whenever you contact us about your order.
- Products may vary slightly from their pictures. The images of the products on our website are for illustrative purposes only. Although we have made every effort to display the colours accurately, we cannot guarantee that a device’s display of the colours accurately reflects the colour of the products. Your product may vary slightly from those images.
- Product packaging may vary. The packaging of the product may vary from that shown in images on our website.
If you wish to make a change to the product you have ordered please contact us. We will let you know if the change is possible. If it is possible we will let you know about any changes to the price of the product, the timing of supply or anything else which would be necessary as a result of your requested change and ask you to confirm whether you wish to go ahead with the change. If we cannot make the change or the consequences of making the change are unacceptable to you, you may want to end the contract (see clause 8 – Your rights to end the contract).
7. Our rights to make changes.
- Changes to the products. We may change a product:
b. to implement minor technical adjustments and improvements, for example, to address a security threat. These changes will not affect your use of the product.
8. We reserve the right to make any changes to our products.
- Updates to digital content. We may update or require you to update digital content, provided that the digital content shall always match the description of it that we provided to you before you bought it.
- Delivery costs. The costs of delivery will be as displayed to you on our website.
- When we will provide the products. During the order process we will let you know when we will provide the products to you. If the products are ongoing services or subscriptions, we will also tell you during the order process when and how you can end the contract.
- We are not responsible for delays outside our control. If our supply of the products is delayed by an event outside our control then we will contact you as soon as possible to let you know and we will take steps to minimise the effect of the delay. We will not be liable for delays caused by the event, but if there is a risk of substantial delay you may contact us to end the contract and receive a refund for any products you have paid for but not received.
- If you are not at home when the product is delivered. If no one is available at your address to take delivery and the products cannot be posted through your letterbox, we will leave you a note informing you of how to rearrange delivery.
- If you do not re-arrange delivery. If you do not collect the products from us as arranged or if, after a failed delivery to you, you do not re-arrange delivery or collect them from a delivery depot we will contact you for further instructions and may charge you for storage costs and any further delivery costs. If, despite our reasonable efforts, we are unable to contact you or re-arrange delivery or collection we may end the contract and clause 10.2 will apply.
- Ending the contract for late delivery. If you do choose to treat the contract as at an end for late delivery you can cancel your order for any of the goods or reject goods that have been delivered. If you wish, you can reject or cancel the order for some of those goods (not all of them), unless splitting them up would significantly reduce their value. After that we will refund any sums you have paid to us for the cancelled goods and their delivery. If the goods have been delivered to you, you must either return them in person to where you bought them, post them back to us or (if they are not suitable for posting) allow us to collect them from you. Please email us at email@example.com for a return label or to arrange collection.
- When you become responsible for the goods. A product which is goods will be your responsibility from the time we deliver the product to the address you gave us.
- When you own goods. You own a product which is goods once we have received payment in full.
11. Reasons we may suspend the supply of products to you. We may have to suspend the supply of a product to:
- deal with technical problems or make minor technical changes;
- update the product to reflect changes in relevant laws and regulatory requirements; or
- make changes to the product as requested by you or notified by us to you (see clause 6).
13. We may also suspend supply of the products if you do not pay. If you do not pay us for the products when you are supposed to (see clause 12.4) and you still do not make payment within 14 days of us reminding you that payment is due, we may suspend supply of the products until you have paid us the outstanding amounts.
14. Your rights to end the contract
- You can always end your contract with us. Your rights when you end the contract will depend on what you have bought, whether there is anything wrong with it, how we are performing and when you decide to end the contract:
- If what you have bought is faulty or misdescribed you may have a legal right to end the contract (or to get the product repaired or replaced or a service re-performed or to get some or all of your money back), see clause 11;
- If you want to end the contract because of something we have done or have told you we are going to do, see clause 8.2;
- If you have just changed your mind about the product, see clause 8.3. You may be able to get a refund if you are within the cooling-off period, but this may be subject to deductions and you will have to pay the costs of return of any goods;
- In all other cases (if we are not at fault and there is no right to change your mind), see clause 8.6.
- we have told you about an upcoming change to the product or these terms which you do not agree to;
- we have told you about an error in the price or description of the product you have ordered and you do not wish to proceed;
- there is a risk that supply of the products may be significantly delayed because of events outside our control;
- we have suspended supply of the products for technical reasons, or notify you we are going to suspend them for technical reasons, in each case for a period of more than 90 days; or
- you have a legal right to end the contract because of something we have done wrong.
17. When you don’t have the right to change your mind. You do not have a right to change your mind in respect of:
- print magazines;
- any products which have been customised or personalised for you;
- digital products after you have started to download or stream these;
- products sealed for health protection or hygiene purposes, once these have been unsealed after you receive them; and
- any products which become mixed inseparably with other items after their delivery.
- Have you bought digital content for download or streaming? if so, you have 14 days after the day we email you to confirm we accept your order, or, if earlier, until you start downloading or streaming. If we delivered the digital content to you immediately, and you agreed to this when ordering, you will not have a right to change your mind.
- Have you bought goods? if so you have 14 days after the day you (or someone you nominate) receives the goods, unless: a. Your goods are split into several deliveries over different days. In this case you have until 14 days after the day you (or someone you nominate) receives the last delivery to change your mind about the goods.
- Your goods are for regular delivery over a set period (for example a magazine subscription). In this case you have until 14 days after the day you (or someone you nominate) receives the first delivery of the goods.
How to end the contract with us (including if you have changed your mind)
a. Tell us you want to end the contract. To end the contract with us, please let us know by emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org. Please provide your name, home address, details of the order and, where available, your phone number and email address. b. Returning products after ending the contract. If you end the contract for any reason after products have been dispatched to you or you have received them, you must return them to us. You must either return the goods by post at Lynton House, 7-12 Tavistock Square, London, WC1H 9BQ. Please email us at email@example.com for a return label or to arrange collection. If you are exercising your right to change your mind you must send off the goods within 14 days of receipt of the goods.
- When we will pay the costs of return. We will pay the costs of return: a. if the products are faulty or misdescribed; or b. if you are ending the contract because we have told you of an upcoming change to the product or these terms, an error in pricing or description, a delay in delivery due to events outside our control or because you have a legal right to do so as a result of something we have done wrong. In all other circumstances (including where you are exercising your right to change your mind) you must pay the costs of return. c. What we charge for collection. If you are responsible for the costs of return and we are collecting the product from you, we will charge you the direct cost to us of collection. The costs of collection will be the same as our charges for standard delivery. d. How we will refund you. We will refund you the price you paid for the products including delivery costs, by the method you used for payment. However, we may make deductions from the price, as described below.
- We may reduce your refund of the price (excluding delivery costs) to reflect any reduction in the value of the goods, if this has been caused by your handling them in a way which would not be permitted in a shop. If we refund you the price paid before we are able to inspect the goods and later discover you have handled them in an unacceptable way, you must pay us an appropriate amount.
- The maximum refund for delivery costs will be the costs of delivery by the least expensive delivery method we offer. For example, if we offer delivery of a product within 3-5 days at one cost but you choose to have the product delivered within 24 hours at a higher cost, then we will only refund what you would have paid for the cheaper delivery option.
21. When your refund will be made. We will make any refunds due to you as soon as possible. If you are exercising your right to change your mind then:
- If the products are goods and we have not offered to collect them, your refund will be made within 14 days from the day on which we receive the product back from you or, if earlier, the day on which you provide us with evidence that you have sent the product back to us.
- In all other cases, your refund will be made within 14 days of your telling us you have changed your mind
- We may end the contract if you break it. We may end the contract for a product at any time by writing to you if:
- you do not, within a reasonable time of us asking for it, provide us with information that is necessary for us to provide the products; and
- you do not, within a reasonable time, allow us to deliver the products to you or collect them from us.
- You must compensate us if you break the contract. If we end the contract in the situations set out in clause 10.1 we will refund any money you have paid in advance for products we have not provided but we may deduct or charge you reasonable compensation for the net costs we will incur as a result of your breaking the contract.
- We may withdraw the product. We may write to you to let you know that we are going to stop providing the product. We will let you know in advance of our stopping the supply of the product and will refund any sums you have paid in advance for products which will not be provided.
- How to tell us about problems. If you have any questions or complaints about the product, please write to us at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Your legal rights. We are under a legal duty to supply products that are in conformity with this contract. Nothing in these terms will affect your legal rights.
- Your obligation to return rejected products. If you wish to exercise your legal rights to reject products you must post them back to us or (if they are not suitable for posting) allow us to collect them from you. We will pay the costs of postage or collection. Please please write to us at email@example.com for a return label or to arrange collection.
- Where to find the price for the product. The price of the product (which includes VAT) will be the price indicated on the order pages when you placed your order. We use our best efforts to ensure that the price of the product advised to you is correct. However please see clause 12.3 for what happens if we discover an error in the price of the product you order. We reserve the right to change the prices of our products and such changes can be made without notice.
- We will pass on changes in the rate of VAT. If the rate of VAT changes between your order date and the date we supply the product, we will adjust the rate of VAT that you pay, unless you have already paid for the product in full before the change in the rate of VAT takes effect.
- What happens if we have the price wrong. It is always possible that, despite our best efforts, some of the products we sell may be incorrectly priced. We will normally check prices before accepting your order so that, where the product’s correct price at your order date is less than our stated price at your order date, we will charge the lower amount. If the product’s correct price at your order date is higher than the price stated to you, we will contact you for your instructions before we accept your order.
- For goods, you must pay for the products before we dispatch them. We will not charge your credit or debit card until we dispatch the products to you.
- For digital content, you must pay for the products before you download them.
- What to do if you think an invoice is wrong. If you think an invoice is wrong please contact us promptly to let us know. You will not have to pay any interest until the dispute is resolved. Once the dispute is resolved we will charge you interest on correctly invoiced sums from the original due date.
- We do not exclude or limit in any way our liability to you where it would be unlawful to do so. This includes liability for death or personal injury caused by our negligence or the negligence of our employees, agents or subcontractors; for fraud or fraudulent misrepresentation; for breach of your legal rights in relation to the products and for defective products under the Consumer Protection Act 1987.
- If defective digital content which we have supplied damages a device or digital content belonging to you and this is caused by our failure to use reasonable care and skill we will either repair the damage or pay you compensation. However, we will not be liable for damage which you could have avoided by following our advice to apply an update offered to you free of charge or for damage which was caused by you failing to correctly follow installation instructions or to have in place the minimum system requirements advised by us
- We are not liable for your losses (subject to clause 14.1 above). We only supply the products for domestic and private use. We will have no liability to you for any indirect, incidental, special or consequential losses, loss of profit, loss of reputation, loss of business, business interruption, or loss of business opportunity.
29. Other important terms
- We may transfer this agreement to someone else. We may transfer our rights and obligations under these terms to another organisation. We will contact you to let you know if we plan to do this. If you are unhappy with the transfer you may contact us to end the contract within 7 days of us telling you about it and we will refund you any payments you have made in advance for products not provided.
- You need our consent to transfer your rights to someone else (except that you can always transfer our guarantee). You may only transfer your rights or your obligations under these terms to another person if we agree to this in writing.
- Nobody else has any rights under this contract (except someone you pass your guarantee on to). This contract is between you and us. No other person shall have any rights to enforce any of its terms.
- If a court finds part of this contract illegal, the rest will continue in force. Each of the clauses and/or paragraphs of these terms operates separately. If any court or relevant authority decides that any of them are unlawful, the remaining clauses and/or paragraphs will remain in full force and effect.
- Even if we delay in enforcing this contract, we can still enforce it later. If we do not insist immediately that you do anything you are required to do under these terms, or if we delay in taking steps against you in respect of your breaking this contract, that will not mean that you do not have to do those things and it will not prevent us taking steps against you at a later date. For example, if you miss a payment and we do not chase you but we continue to provide the products, we can still require you to make the payment at a later date.
- Which laws apply to this contract and where you may bring legal proceedings. These terms are governed by English law and you can bring legal proceedings in respect of the products in the English courts. If you live in Scotland you can bring legal proceedings in respect of the products in either the Scottish or the English courts. If you live in Northern Ireland you can bring legal proceedings in respect of the products in either the Northern Irish or the English courts.